- June 12, 2023
- by Skinic
Invasive x Non-Invasive Cellulite Treatments: What Really Works?
Cellulite has long plagued people who prize a flawless appearance. Luckily, today, there are an array of treatments to get rid of cellulite, including invasive and non-invasive options.
Invasive cellulite treatments such as Cellfina have made strides in revolutionizing the fight against cellulite, guaranteeing precision and long-lasting results. However, needles and incisions may not be everyone’s cup of tea, leading many to seek non-invasive alternatives for cellulite reduction.
Enter Emtone and Velashape, the dynamic duo of non-invasive cellulite treatments. Emtone combines the power of radiofrequency and targeted pressure energy to address both cellulite and skin laxity, enhancing skin texture and reducing dimpling. Velashape, on the other hand, harnesses the synergy of radiofrequency energy, infrared light, and vacuum suction to sculpt the body, reduce cellulite, and refine skin texture. These non-invasive options offer the ideal cellulite treatment results for those looking to avoid discomfort, downtime, and potential risks associated with invasive procedures.
In this article, we’ll explore the advantages and potential drawbacks of each cellulite treatment and what you can expect in terms of cellulite treatment results. We’ll also uncover key differences among today’s most popular options, helping you make informed decisions on your journey to smooth, beautiful skin.
What is cellulite?
Cellulite occurs when fibrous bands, known as septae, which connect the skin to the underlying muscle fascia, become tight and unevenly pull down on the skin. Additionally, these bands can deteriorate, allowing the underlying layer of fat to protrude upwards. This combination leads to the characteristic dimpled or “orange peel” appearance on the skin.
Nearly all adult women (85 – 90%) have some form of cellulite, with the abdomen, buttocks, and thighs being the areas where cellulite most often appears. The loss of skin elasticity that comes with aging can exacerbate the appearance of cellulite as the skin becomes less resistant to the tension caused by the fibrous bands. While excess weight can accentuate the appearance of cellulite, it is important to note that even individuals with a lean physique may still have cellulite. Furthermore, losing weight rarely eliminates cellulite completely. While diet and exercise are an essential part of your health and well-being, unfortunately, they’re not a cure for cellulite.
For those looking to leave behind the dimpled cottage cheese skin and get rid of cellulite, it’s important to be well-informed about the options on the market, their risks, and their benefits.
What is Cellfina?
Cellfina is an FDA-approved, minimally invasive cellulite treatment with efficacy for up to three years in cellulite reduction on the thighs and buttocks.
How does Cellfina work?
Cellfina specifically targets the underlying structural bands causing dimples and uneven skin texture The procedure used in Cellfina involves suctioning the skin over the dimpled area and using a tiny blade to make precise incisions across the connective bands that cause cellulite. By releasing these tension-inducing bands, Cellfina results in smoother skin texture.
What is Emtone?
Emtone is an innovative non-invasive cellulite treatment that combines the power of radiofrequency and targeted pressure to address the appearance of cellulite and improve skin laxity. This cutting-edge technology delivers controlled thermal energy and stimulation to the treated areas, enhancing collagen and elastin production and blood circulation while promoting the breakdown of stubborn fat cells. Emtone’s unique combination of radiofrequency and targeted pressure energy work to reduce cellulite and achieve smoother, more toned skin.
How does Emtone work?
Emtone combines radiofrequency (RF) energy and targeted pressure to achieve remarkable results. The RF energy penetrates deep into the skin, delivering controlled thermal heating to the underlying tissues. This stimulates collagen and elastin production, promotes skin tightening, and increases elasticity. Simultaneously, the targeted pressure applied helps to improve blood circulation, and lymphatic drainage, and break up the fibrous bands responsible for cellulite formation. The combination of these two technologies enhances skin texture, reduces the appearance of cellulite, and provides overall skin rejuvenation. Emtone’s innovative technology makes it a popular choice for individuals seeking a non-invasive solution to reduce the appearance of cellulite.
What is Velashape?
Velashape is an advanced non-invasive body contouring and cellulite reduction treatment that achieves amazing results. This cutting-edge procedure harnesses the power of infrared light energy, bi-polar radiofrequency (RF), vacuum suction, and massage. Velashape is a versatile treatment that can be used on various body areas, including the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, and arms. With its innovative technology, Velashape offers a non-invasive option for those looking to contour their body, reduce cellulite, and have more even-toned skin.
How does Velashape work?
Velashape uses a combination of advanced technologies to target and improve the appearance of cellulite and achieve body contouring. The treatment combines infrared light energy, bi-polar radiofrequency (RF), vacuum suction, and massage. During the procedure, the infrared light and RF energy heat the targeted area, stimulating collagen production, promoting the breakdown of fat cells, and improving skin elasticity. The vacuum suction and massage work together to enhance lymphatic drainage, increase blood circulation, and smooth the skin’s surface. Velashape effectively reduces the appearance of cellulite, contours the body, and gives your skin a more youthful glow. In targeting cellulite’s underlying causes and improving skin texture, Velashape offers a non-invasive solution for those who seek smoother, tighter, and more toned skin.
What are the pros and cons of Cellfina?
Like every treatment, Cellfina has its benefits and its drawback. Here are the most important pros and cons of Cellfina’s procedure.
- Longevity – one of the standout benefits of Cellfina is its long-lasting results. With up to three years of noticeably reduced cellulite appearance, this treatment provides enduring benefits.
- Precision – Cellfina can target and treat specific areas with remarkable precision. This allows clients to customize their treatment based on their goals.
- Not suitable for flaccid skin – Cellfina focuses on addressing the underlying fibrous bands, and it may not produce optimal results for those with significant skin sagging.
- Unsuitable for high BMI individuals – Cellifina is most effective for individuals who are close to their ideal body weight.
- Potential hyperpigmentation – Individuals with darker skin tones may experience hyperpigmentation as a possible side effect of Cellfina treatment. It’s essential to consider this potential risk when deciding on your treatment plan.
- Time for visible results – While Cellfina offers long-term benefits, it typically takes a few weeks to start noticing visible improvements, and several months to see the full results. Being patient and sticking to post-treatment care instructions can ensure optimal outcomes.
- Post-treatment discomfort – Some clients reported experiencing significant bruising, swelling and tenderness at the treatment site which usually goes away after a few weeks. For those who have events where they are looking forward to showing off their smooth skin and body, it’s important to factor in the recovery time.
- Invasive – Cellfina involves minimal incisions and discomfort for patients.
What are the Pros and Cons of Emtone and Velashape?
- Noninvasive – Emtone, and Velashape are both non-surgical and non-invasive treatments, so no incisions, needles, or anesthesia are used. This makes them a safer and more comfortable option compared to invasive procedures.
- Versatility – Both Emtone and Velashape address several distinct concerns with one treatment. Emtone not only targets cellulite but also improves skin texture, tightens the skin, and promotes collagen production, leading to overall skin firmness and rejuvenation. Velashape sculpts and shapes various areas of the body, such as the abdomen, thighs, buttocks, and arms, resulting in a more toned and contoured appearance while also tightening the skin and reducing the appearance of cellulite. For optimal results, you can combine the two treatments to reduce cellulite and achieve a toned and sculpted body.
- No downtime – Both Emtone and Velashape are pain-free procedures with no downtime, allowing you to go back to your normal activities immediately after a session.
- Multiple sessions may be required – Unlike Cellfina which is a one-time invasive procedure, Emtone and Velashape often require a series of treatment sessions. The exact number of sessions can vary depending on individual factors, treatment area, and desired outcomes.
- Gradual results – While Cellfina requires several weeks to months for results due to the invasive procedure, Emtone and Velashape stimulate the body’s natural responses, which also requires several weeks or months to see the full results of the treatments.
By considering the pros and cons, you can make an informed decision about whether Cellfina, Emtone, and/or Velashape are the right cellulite treatments for your unique circumstances and goals. For further information on cellulite treatment in Los Angeles, contact us at Skinic Beverly Hills to schedule a consultation with one of our trained professionals to determine a plan to help you achieve your best, cellulite-free body.
Today there are many different paths to get rid of cellulite. In the end, it’s important to weigh the potential drawbacks and benefits for any procedure: Cellfina’s precision and longevity vs. the convenience, safety, and transformative potential of Emtone and Velashape. With a comprehensive understanding of the pros and cons of these invasive and non-invasive cellulite treatments, we hope you feel empowered to make an informed decision on your path to cellulite-free skin.