EmSculpt Neo and EmSculpt – What’s the Difference?
EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo are both FDA-approved fat-reducing and muscle-building treatments by the company BTL, known for their impressive results in body shaping through high-intensity electromagnetic pulses (HIFEM). But while EmSculpt uses HIFEM to deliver results, EmSculpt Neo uses both HIFEM and radiofrequency (RF) to optimize fat burning while building muscle in one single treatment.
Both treatments are powerful tools to help get your body in shape, lose stubborn fat and tone muscle, but they also have their differences. EmSculpt is great for those who are close to their ideal body weight but want to slim down some bulges. EmSculpt Neo is a more potent treatment that melts fat while toning muscle, resulting in more drastic fat loss and more noticeable muscle toning. Read on to find out more about these incredible treatments and discover which one is right for you.
How Does EmSculpt Work?
Launched in 2018, EmSculpt works by strapping an apparatus to the area of your body that will receive targeted fat-reduction and emitting HIFEM pulses that are the equivalent of 20,000 crunches if applied to the abdomen or 20,000 squats if applied to the buttocks and thighs in just one 30-minute treatment. These high-level pulses contract the muscles much faster than they are able to on their own, resulting in a concentrated session that mimics a very intensive workout without actually breaking a sweat. Just like with a workout, fat is reduced, and muscle is increased, helping clients reach their body weight and fitness goals with an average of 16% muscle increase and a 15% decrease in fat.
How Does EmSculpt Neo work?
EmSculpt Neo was first introduced in 2020 and is a first-of-its-kind 2-in-one treatment. EmSculpt Neo uses stronger HIFEM pulses that are 20% stronger than the original EmSculpt and mimic 30,000 crunches or squats in a 30-minute treatment to build muscle and burn fat. It also adds radiofrequency (RF) to optimize results in both fat burning and muscle building. EmSculpt Neo’s RF emits heat that breaks down the structure of fat cells within less than four minutes, causing permanent fat loss and an average of 30% of subcutaneous fat reduction after treatments. The amped up HIFEM also increases blood supply to the muscles that allows them to build up more effectively and quickly with an average of 25% muscle growth.
What areas can EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo target?
Both EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo can be applied to all the usual problem areas:
- The arms – trimming up flabby triceps so you can say goodbye to batwings
- The back – For women who are tired of how their back looks with excess fat spilling over their bra or just want to trim down the area to look better in a backless dress or bikini and for men who want to look better with their shirt off, zap back fat in a quick 30-minute session.
- The abdomen – want a slimmer, trimmer midriff that you can show off proudly? Say goodbye to muffin tops and love handles.
- The buttocks – want a perkier, more rounded bottom that looks great in jeans, workout clothes and swimwear? EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo not only reduce fat but also stimulate the production of collagen, giving the skin a tighter, more even appearance and reducing cellulite.
- The thighs – do your thighs touch or jiggle when you move? Do you feel embarrassed when you walk in a bikini or go running in shorts? Want to show off slimmer thighs that are shapely and toned? EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo can give you the beautiful legs you want.
- The calves – Want more defined calves that look like you’ve been doing hundreds of reps of calf lifts? These treatments will simulate thousands of calf exercises to give you well-defined calves you’ll love showing off.
Both treatments reduce fat and tone muscle, giving you the body you want to see in the mirror.
Who is right for EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo treatments?
Though both EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo are effective techniques for fat burning and muscle building, they are also distinct.
EmSculpt is ideal for those with BMIs of up to 30, or those who are close to their ideal body weight and are looking for help losing stubborn fat and shaping their body with increased muscle tone.
EmSculpt Neo can be used on clients with BMIs of up to 35 and can help them lose weight and trim down areas with excess fat while helping them build up more muscle. Also, only EmSculpt Neo with its radiofrequency that destroys fat cells can provide permanent fat loss.
- While both treatments are safe for most people, neither treatment is recommended for pregnant women. Post-natal moms can receive EmSculpt treatments safely. In fact, new mothers receiving EmSculpt treatments reduce diastasis recti (abdominal wall separation common during pregnancy) by an average of 11%. New moms can also get some help losing baby weight with EmSculpt treatments.
- A strong core is also a key factor in alleviating chronic back pain. The intense 30-minute session in both EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo that delivers supramaximal contractions the equivalent of 20,000-30,000 crunches can help alleviate back pain in men and women.
- Athletes can use EmSculpt to up their game by enjoying an intense workout without risking injury or generating lactic acid that causes stiffness.
To determine which treatment is best for you, you can schedule a consultation with one of our expert technicians at Skinic Beverly Hills.
Are there any side effects?
There are no side effects to either treatment and no down time. These completely nonsurgical fat loss treatments help clients lose fat without the risk of surgery. Some clients report feeling a little bit of muscle soreness after a session as the muscles are getting a real workout with the HIFEM pulsations. However, the sensation is usually mild and goes away quickly.
Both EmSculpt and EmSculpt Neo are revolutionary treatments that use HIFEM to burn fat and build muscle while EmSculpt Neo’s added feature of RF delivers more optimized results and is an effective weight loss treatment for those with higher BMIs. Both will trim off stubborn and excess fat and produce a leaner, more toned body.